Sunday, April 8, 2007

Two unorthodox games vs Fly.cF-

I played two games against the protoss player Fly.Cf-. In the first game I almost got TWO probe kills with just my initial drones but ended up with 1 probe kill and 1 drone kill. Anyway, the probe I killed was at my base, so I abused his lack of scouting (due to dead probe) and made 4 hatches before pool. Then I made 40-50 workers and masssed lurker ling while expanding. He couldn't break the contain and I maxxed pretty quick, then just attack moved lurker ling through his natural and GG.

The second game was a close one... I stuck with mutaling / guard/devourer/ling all game, which most people think doesn't work... maybe if I made lurker instead of muta I would have won but I am really liking this mutaling vs protoss style under certain conditions... it can pack quite a punch. Noteworthy moments :

My initial probe harass with muta is pretty awesome... also a couple times I defeat 4+ archons surrounded by zealot templar with mutaling ^^ I manage to delay expos but eventually the fact that he is trading like 1 - 1.5 or even 1-2 in resources most of the time when we fight catches up to me. There's a cool moment where he's set to grab another 2 expos, bringing him up to 4 to my total of 3 or 4... and he kills my natural... but I hold on, kill both is expo's with guards and his army and almost even the game up. Moral? Don't get muta ling LOL! Also I couldn't get constant upgrades which is a BIG part of this strat (it's all about the lings baby), because he killed my evos. I think with a few more sunks at the right time I might have won...

First game :
http://download.yousendit.com/4B000FE560E5D3E3
http://download.yousendit.com/08A344C9523F234D

Thanks for the game's fly.cf-!

No comments: