Friday, April 13, 2007

Exciting News Everyone!

www.thelastgosu.com has been registered!

My site will have several purposes; I do not hope to compete with gosugamers or teamliquid in the coverage of the gaming scene. Instead, I will be providing training services to players of every skill level (up to and exceeding my own). Here's a peek of what's coming up :

Dedicated Hamachi sever with multiple admins who log on and boot inactives several times a day. The main problem with hamachi servers is they get clogged with inactives and there's no room for new players. The great thing is, this isn't a big problem, because even when you kick someone, they will automatically join your network when they log on (if this isn't true them my starcraft hamachi server is amazingly popular, which would be great news but probably not true); all you need is several people with hamachi licenses to log on and boot.

Tournaments with temporary hamachi licenses as the prize! Atlast, tournaments where you can win something of real value. This is just one of the many ways I will be promoting Hamachi in the starcraft scene. Why? Because I really, really love playing games on Hamachi, and I want more opponents.

A complete zerg strategy guide. What am I talking about? I'm talking about all major early game builds, how they generaly play out and how they specifically play out. I'm talking about an encyclopedic amount of knowledge and detail. Further, it will be organized into dynamic sections that qualified individuals can edit later on. For a while, this will all be done by me, but in time others will come to join my starcraft research community. You see, all further changes to the guide will be done only on the basis of scientific evidence. The initial guide, the one I write, will contain inaccuracies and factual errors; this is impossible to avoid in the initial creation of a comprehensive work. Do I really think I can do what no one has ever done before? Provide a complete framework for the study of starcraft theory? Use mathematics and actual timing in the planning of my attacks? Bring science to starcraft? I'm not sure; but I am going to try.

Eventually, the terran and strategy guides will be written, using the framework I developed, by a dedicated terran or protoss user. Perhaps, in time, a better player than I will rewrite the framework, using more accurate methods and calculations. Rather than lament this day I welcome it... a good teacher welcomes the success of the pupil even when it overshadows his own.

So... what does that mean for you? How can you get involved? Well... keep reading! I hope to have the basic site up within a few weeks at most, perhaps much sooner. I have a temporary, workable site in place at the moment basically. It's ugly and template driven but that can be changed later on. I will be publishing the best parts of the strategy guide as I write and rewrite it, so you will be able to see the latest ideas I have been developing as I develop them. I will also write a number of articles on practicing and the development of consistant strategies. Why it's so important to stick to a few builds and learn to do them really well, working on other things aside from strategy (posture, macro, micro, studying from replays, a 'training journal', focusing time spent gaming, Hamachi) is just a partial list. This is stuff that can help you get alot better.

Once we're up and running, you can choose how involved you want to be. Anyway... I'll talk a little bit more about this later. Hopefully the site will speak for itself.

No comments: