Sunday, April 8, 2007

Game of the day vs Moist[x]

Hello everyone! There is alot to this game I would like to analyze over the next couple days. I highly recommend you watch the replay before watching the game! It was very close until the end, in fact at one point, confidant in victory, I commited all my forces against his zealot/archon/cannon defense and came very close to total victory.

It was a war waged on many fronts. I feel my approach towards economy in the early game vs 2 gate was a radical depature from my normal style with great success; I owe the inspiration to a replay of MYM.sen I watched earlier in the day. Normally I think I power far too hard.

Anyway, it was a close game, involving some serious macro on my side :0 and some nice strategic movements by my opponent. Sadly it was a defeat, but in defeat comes knoweldge and with knowledge comes victory.

I opened with 3 hatch speedling (speed before lair) and then lurker ling contain. My contain held him for a very long time due to decent micro and excellent lurker formation on my part as well as my opponent using a somewhat 'weak' build for mid game (inital expo is later which delays mid game troop production; on the other hand he forces me into a more soldier less drone position, so the game is slowed for both of us).

My opponents strategic hold on the island, which survived multiple ling drops (I got guard tech specifically to assault his island but completely forgot about it because he started attacking my bases) allowed him to pull through and at times he made a strategic retreat which allowed him to continue fighting. He also pulled a few critical low budget high damage attacks that won the game; two of them specifically, the dt assault at bottom left and the zealot/dt drop at bottom right. He was able to plan these attacks through reckless use of observers; while I scourged a few in this game I will certainly increase the amount of scourging in future to prevent this sort of scouting. There is alot to counter intelligence i have to learn about...

This game WAS saved with BWLauncher, so you will have to download that program to watch this replay, otherwise you'll just see a bunch of drones running around. You can DL the latest version of BWLauncher at
http://www.bwprogrammers.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=14

of course if you already use BWLauncher you won't need to download that :)

and you can download the replay at
http://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVqeEVWaTFoMlUwTVE9PQ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW MOIST? HE'S MAD GOSU in real life. HE WAS GONNA MERK TESTIE IN WCG FINALS one year.. IN Real life!

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hey